Megali - adjective, noun - adjective 1. great or big in Greek -noun 1.. A nickname derived from my first and middle names

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hiatus Over ... Now What?

It's been months since I last blogged because I've struggled with what I want to do with this tiny piece of internet I've carved out for myself.   Mostly I'm questioning just how much I should put out there. I have drafts of posts on current events, but I'd prefer to not get too political.  Plus, those events are long past current.

Something I want to dedicate time to is an idea stolen from Play St. Louis - posts reviewing parks, pools, and indoor play places.  Johnson County, Kansas and the metro Kansas City area offers an abundance of free fun.  I especially want to do this as it will serve as an active fond farewell.  Sadly, we are moving in about two months.  Fortunately, it is to the area where R and I grew up - an equally wonderful place.  As I shared on Facebook, this is the epitome of bittersweet.  But in the meantime, I will be out enjoying all this area has to enjoy.  I hate when I miss out on visiting the cool places in and around the towns I've called home.  I still kick myself for not going to The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum when we lived near Cleveland.  And if this series proves popular, I will continue it in Pennsylvania. 

I end with a quote that brings me a measure of comfort right now, "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction." - Winston Churchill

I remain hopeful that every step in my life ultimately leads me in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Another good one:

    "Change is the one unavoidable, irresistible,
    ongoing reality of the universe. To us,
    that makes it the most powerful reality."

    make it a good thing, my love, i KNOW you will!!

    ReplyDelete