Megali - adjective, noun - adjective 1. great or big in Greek -noun 1.. A nickname derived from my first and middle names

Saturday, April 28, 2012

What Music Gets You Moving?

This November, I will be running The Philadelphia Marathon half.  I'm working on compiling the ultimate running playlist.  I've actually never run with music, but R wants to get me an armband for my iPhone for my birthday.  Taking armband suggestions, please!


"Woody Guthrie, Working Man" - Ellis Paul.  I apologize for the somewhat poor quality of the video.  I first heard this song on SiriusXM's Kids Place Live and I knew I wanted to download it so I could run to it.  It's such a happy beat!


"One Angry Dwarf And 200 Solemn Faces" - Ben Folds Five.  Ben Folds' fast piano playing makes me want to up my workout tempo.


"The Cave" - Mumford & Sons.  "And I'll find strength in pain."  That lyric has been a mantra for me when I want to give up on a run.


"Drunken Lullabies" - Flogging Molly.  You may not be aware, but the best (or my favorite, which is the best) cleaning music is Irish punk.  It is my standard get and up go music and also just as good for use during exercise.

What songs are on your playlist when you workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment