Megali - adjective, noun - adjective 1. great or big in Greek -noun 1.. A nickname derived from my first and middle names

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Star Wars



A very important PSA about Star Wars and your children.  Plus, cute Yoda baby.

The takeaway?  Several points you must teach your kids:
  • Han Solo shot first.
  • Jar Jar Binks is not cool.
  • They need to hear it from you, not on the playground.
A biologist, quantum physicist and an anthropologist walk into a bar and discuss Star Wars.  Ok, I don't know if that's how The Board of Education created the funny and fun song, "Why is Dad So Mad?" I hear all the time on SiriusXM's Kids Place Live, but it's nice to imagine it went down that way.  Go here to download it for free or pay $1 so these guys can make more music.

“Why does Dad get so mad about Star Wars? Mr. Lucas, what did you do?”  The "kid" in the song makes some arguments for why the prequels and special editions really aren't bad.  I'm no Star Wars purist; I (mostly) enjoy the prequels and (mostly) like the alterations in the special editions.  Other than point one and two of what to teach you kids listed above, I'm (mostly) good about it all.  It's just the originals, having watched them as a child, retain so much magic for me.  I'm not as far gone as the "dad" in the song, who laments, “It’s too late for me, son…”

So it's up to you to decide, are the prequels and special editions the best way to introduce your child to Star Wars or are they a gateway drug to a lifetime of actually liking the characters everyone else hates, like Jar Jar Binks, Wesley Crusher and Scrappy Doo?  This is the kind of thing about which you simply must make an informed decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment