Megali - adjective, noun - adjective 1. great or big in Greek -noun 1.. A nickname derived from my first and middle names

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My First Marathon!



It's not what you think.  I'm not running 26.2 miles at once.  I don't know if I ever will.  When I'm in ideal running shape, my happy distance is between 7-10 miles.  Completing my first, and so far only, half marathon was challenging.  And because I experienced debilitating calf cramps, I didn't run the whole thing - I finished the last couple miles with a run/walk combo, heavy on the walk.

Joggermom organizes a virtual race, the Joggermom Marathon that I'm doing, starting today.  Participatants run 26.2 miles in the month of May.  That's less than 1 mile per day.  I may not be at goal weight or top fitness level right now, but I can do that!

The prize list isn't limited to the fastest.  That's not what the Joggermom Marathon is about.  All those who complete the 26.2 miles and follow the mileage tracking and photo evidence requirements are eligible to win one of five jogging strollers amongst other goodies from great sponsors.  Winners will be chosen through Random.org.

I will be sure to update with my progress throughout the month!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! What a great way to start!! :) You are starting to motivate me! Good Luck!! :) - Jen S.

    ReplyDelete