Megali - adjective, noun - adjective 1. great or big in Greek -noun 1.. A nickname derived from my first and middle names

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Quaker Oatmeal Squares Product Review

Anticpate lots of BzzAgent product reviews coming up!  I have been fortunate to receive a wide variety of things to try and tell lately. 

One of those items was Quaker Oatmeal Squares.


I'm a big believer in easy, healthy breakfasts.  I love oatmeal, when it is cooked right.  Although I'm working on reducing packaged and processed foods from the family diet, I admit instant oatmeal does make mornings easier and they are mostly pretty healthy choices.  Quaker Instant Oatmeal in the Maple & Brown Sugar flavor or Quaker Quick Oats with fruit, honey, or peanut butter mixed in is a frequent breakfast of mine ... and my kids.

We received a full sized box and sample sized boxes to share of the Brown Sugar and I went on to buy boxes of Golden Maple.  It wasn't surprising that Slim and Curly enjoyed both the Brown Sugar and Golden Maple flavors of Quaker Oatmeal Squares.  They liked the taste.  I appreciated the whole grain, fiber and calcium as necessities and benefits to their diet.

My kids are like me - weird.  I don't like much, if any milk on my cereal.  Neither do they.  I think they preferred Quaker Oatmeal Squares as a snack more than a breakfast.  It worked as a chance to give them something sweet that was between fruit (my choice) and a cookie (theirs)!

Compromise is key when it comes to eating in my household.  I don't think it's feasible for me to expect a completely whole foods diet.  My lifestyle is busy and I will always require convenience foods in some capacity.  Foods from Quaker are a way to combine heart healthy, delicious and generally nutritious, and fast in a way with which I'm happy!

Remember, like I've mentioned in all my product reviews - my opinions are my own.  I received samples and coupons in exchange for sharing my real thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment